Alrighty peeps we have good news to share, Sunday is the official day of our embryo transfer!! Whoop whoop!! We won't know until Saturday what time we will head up to Maple Grove but needless to say we are nervous and excited. The goal was to get to a five day transfer as it increases our chances of getting pregnant. The embryos are typically in the morula or blastocyst stage of development by day five. Our first go around our embryos didn't make it to this stage and we ended up having a day three transfer where they did Assisted Zona Hatching on the shell of the embryo. Basically they poke a small hole in the side of the embryo to help with continued development and implantation.
We currently don't know how our embryos are doing and won't know until before the transfer when we meet with the embryologist. If you remember we have five eggs but it doesn't mean that all five eggs where successfully fertilized. We are assuming that our embryos are doing well in order to get us to the day five transfer, otherwise if they weren't we would be going in sooner. We are considering this good news and that God is taking care of our five babies. The plan is to transfer two embryos and freeze the remaining if we have some to freeze. Yes we know twins will be a lot of work but we are praying that both of those embryos will take. Clearly we will be happy if only one takes but we know that whatever happens is in God's hands. Ryan and I talked about how the words, "be not afraid" occurs in the bible 365 times, one for each day of the year. Its scary to think of our transfer not working and going through all the emotions of yet anther failed IVF attempt but we will try our best going into Sunday with not being afraid and trusting that God is there for us. He really has given me a sense of peace through this process. Ive been way more calm this go around then last, Ive had less pain and less worry also. Not going to lie our first attempts with our IVF I felt like a crazy person, and had zero trust for my doctors. I think you know when something doesn't feel right and with Mayo it never felt right. I just was so in the zone of wanting to get pregnant to see that we should have left Mayo along time ago. I haven't had one moment where I haven't trusted our current doctor. Thats a pretty good feeling.
As of today Im feeling ok, still have some discomfort and pressure in my uterus and ovaries and Im hoping that by Sunday that will be next to nothing. My appetite is up and down and I'm trying to push the fluids as best as I can. I would love if the weather would clear up so I can get out and do some walking. We will be sure to post about how our embryo transfer went, in the mean time please continue the prayers and positive thoughts for us! Can't wait for Sunday and may our embryos be ever in our favor!